STAGE TECHNICIAN / CARPENTER
Job added 27th January 2021
Holiday on Ice is currently looking for a Stage Technician / Carpenter to join one of our two touring productions.
The Stage Technician is responsible for the construction, maintenance and dismantling of the show set, props and decoration used in the production. He/she is part of an international crew and works closely together with other technicians in this team and reports directly to the Technical Stage Manager.
- Reports to the Stage Manager and assist with load in, run and load out of the show
- Helping in sets-up staging, trusses, scenery, backdrops, etc.
- Helping in changings of scenery during a show
- Responsible for set decorations and any hand-held items used by the artists during the show
- Duties include the loading/ unloading of all crates and flight-cases from or onto the trucks.
Qualifications and requirements
- IPAF license 1a, 3a, 3b
- Practical skills and experience in welding metals, painting decorations or carpentry are a major attribute
- Capable to use hand and power tools
- Good communication skills in English language
- Good physical health
- Ability to work and travel worldwide
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, which includes evening, nights, and weekend work
- A flexible attitude and a team player with his colleagues and the local technicians of the venue, as well as a person who can work independently
Your technical skills, personality, and ability to work in a team are important values for being a part of the Holiday on Ice company. Our productions are touring through Europe, among others Germany, France, The Netherlands, Belgium and Austria.
If you’re interested in this position please send your motivation together with your resume in English to [email protected]
Only applications in English will be processed.