SOUND TECHNICIAN (M/F)
Job added 27th January 2021
Holiday on Ice is inviting professional Sound Technicians to join one of the most visited and successful live entertainment ice shows in the world!
The Sound Technician is responsible for assembling, further operating and maintaining the technical equipment used to record, amplify, enhance, mix or reproduce sound. Your will be part of an international crew, work closely together with other technicians in this team and report directly to the Technical Stage Manager.
- Reports to Technical Stage Manager and assist with load in, run and load out of the show
- Assessing the acoustics of the performance venue and assembling, positioning, adjusting and operating the sound equipment
- Consulting with the Performance Supervisor to determine the sound requirements
- Monitoring audio signals to detect sound-quality deviations or malfunctions
- Maintaining sound equipment
- Integrating (synchronization) of pre-recorded and live audio (dialogue, sound effects and music) with visual content
- Mixing and balancing speech, effects and live musicians
Qualifications and requirements
- Audio Engineering certificate or confirmation of relevant courses and diplomas is desirable
- Have an ear and feeling for music
- Knowledge and experience in operating of various sound desks
- Knowledge and experience in setting up linear array PA systems
- Good knowledge of Pro Tools/ Cubase software applications
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals
- IPAF license 1a, 3a, 3b
- Ability to use hand or power tools and testing devices including ohmmeters and voltmeters
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a multinational team
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge
- Full professional proficiency in English language
- Good physical health, good eyesight, ability to see colour and working on heights
- Ability to work and travel worldwide
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, which includes evening, nights and weekend work
- A flexible attitude and a team player with his colleagues and the local technicians of the venue, as well as a person who can work independently
- Additional technical skills and experience are desirable.
Your technical skills, personality and ability to work in a team are important values for being a part of the Holiday on Ice company. Our productions are touring through Europe, among others Germany, France, The Netherlands, Belgium and Austria.
If you’re interested in this position please send your motivation together with your resume in English to email@example.com. Only applications in English will be processed.