Light & System Technician
Job added 30th June 2022
As a Light and System Technician you ensure the proper installation and usage of lighting or video equipment, and peripheral operating systems. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you work closely with an international crew on building a high-quality ice show on schedule. This job takes you on tour travelling through Germany or Austria, Belgium, France, and the Netherlands.
- Assist the crew on the load-in, load-out, and running the show.
- Ensure the proper installation and operation of technical light equipment and peripheral systems.
- Plan and coordinate the timing and proper synchronization of systems and effects.
- Be alert to possible issues and have the ability to tackle them in a proactive, resourceful manner.
- Ensure safety regulations are known and applied.
- Have a clear overview of all activities, their timing, and the proper execution.
- Allocate resources as needed, supporting the crew on all tasks at hand.
Skills and attributes
- Relevant experience in live entertainment (essential)
- IPAF licence 1a, 3a, and 3b
- Able to maintain, use, fix, and test hand and power tools, lighting fixtures, and ohmmeters/voltmeters
- Excellent computer skills including programming and operating network devices (DMX and similar protocols)
- Good written and verbal English language skills
- Good health – no vertigo or colour-blindness
- Stress-resilient and a creative problem-solver.
- Availability from October 2022 to the end of April 2023
- Touring with an international ice show, performing shows in various cities and countries
- Transportation and accommodation provided during the tour
- A competitive salary, in line with your level of seniority and experience.
Want to apply? Please send your motivational letter and an up-to-date CV (in English) to email@example.com.
We also gladly accept applications from candidates who are not available during the above-mentioned period as we are constantly looking for professionals for our many other projects.