GROUND RIGGER M/F
Job added 27th January 2021
Holiday on Ice is inviting professional Ground Riggers to join one of the most visited and most successful live entertainment ice shows in the world!
As Ground Rigger you are responsible for the supervision of the rigging of the show grid and special acts of the productions. You will be part of an international crew, work closely together with other technicians in this team and report directly to the Technical Stage Manager.
- Reports to Technical Stage Manager and assist with load in, run and load out of the show
- Builds supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools
- Supervises local workers engaged in hoisting in order to ensure safety of people and material
- Supervises a local rigging team to hang show hoists in accordance to the rigging plot
- Sets up, operates and maintains show levitation equipment
- Maintains and repairs all rigging equipment on tour.
Qualifications and requirements
- Rigging certificate or confirmation of relevant courses and diplomas
- IPAF license 1a, 3a, 3b
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and CAD drawings
- Capable to use hand and power tools, testing devices including ohmmeters and voltmeters
- Working knowledge of cables breaking strength, shackles, hooks, and other rigging gear
- Working knowledge in operating and maintaining CM Lodestar hoists and controllers
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Auto CAD software
- Experience in operating motorized props or flying systems
- Full professional proficiency in English language
- Good physical health, good eyesight, ability to see colour and working on heights
- Ability to work and travel worldwide
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, which includes evening, nights and weekend work
- A flexible attitude and a team player with his colleagues and the local technicians of the venue as well as a person who can work independently
- Additional technical skills and experience are desirable.
Your technical skills, personality and ability to work in a team are important values for being a part of the Holiday on Ice company. Our productions are touring through Europe, among others Germany, France, The Netherlands, Belgium and Austria.
If you’re interested in this position please send your motivation together with your resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications in English will be processed.