Holiday on Ice is inviting professional Ice Technicians to join one of the most visited and successful live entertainment ice shows in the world!
In each Holiday on Ice production our Ice Technicians are responsible for building and maintaining the portable ice rinks. Working under the supervision of the Head Ice Engineer, the ice technician will be required to assist in all daily operational activities with regard to placing, maintaining and keeping up the highest quality of ice floors for the show to which they are seconded.
As Ice Technician member you are part of an international crew reporting to Stage Manager and work closely together with other technicians in a team.
The Ice Technician:
- Reports to a Technical Stage Manager
- Assists in charge ice engineer, in preparation of portable ice rink
- Operates and maintains portable refrigeration plants
- Troubleshoots and repairs ice equipment (includes refrigeration plants, ice floor elements, ice refurbishing tractors, etc.)
- Maintains ice rink before or/and during show
- Informs in charge ice engineers of the potentials problems and obstacles which could affect refrigeration plant function or the ice quality
Qualifications and requirements
- A strong mechanical background
- Technical secondary vocational education, with preference for a mechanical, construction or refrigeration background
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and lookup specifications of refrigeration plant components
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory and refrigeration systems
- Working knowledge of mechanical equipment, power and hand tools, use of measuring devices and electrical/electronic devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters
- Driver’s license and preferably owning a car
- Ability to speak and communicate in English or German language
- Ability to work and travel worldwide
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, which includes evening, nights and weekend work
- A flexible attitude and a team player with his colleagues and the local technicians of the venue, as well as a person who can work independently
- Additional technical skills and experience are desirable
Your technical skills, personality and ability to work in a team are important values for being a part of the Holiday on Ice company. Our productions are touring through Europe, among others Germany, France, The Netherlands, Belgium and Austria.
If you’re interested in this position please send your motivation together with your resume in English to [email protected]. Only applications in English will be processed.
We also gladly accept applications from candidates who are not available during the above-mentioned period as we are constantly looking for professionals for our many other projects.